This is new territory in politics and it will be a delicate balancing act. Our collective has to be able to mobilize and will strive to hold your interest and support right through this selection process until the election. Meanwhile, we need to maintain a healthy dialogue with all parties, including those without representation (i.e. red Tories) to encourage them to be part of this movement.
We ask that you register to be part of this process, visit this website regularly, join our Facebook page and participate in discussions, follow us on Twitter and watch our YouTube Channel. Along the way, we are going to request some support from you – may it be your help on a door to door initiative, being in a video or donating cash (yes, campaigns do cost money, but we won’t require much).
Register to Vote
We can always use a helping hand! Or a donation!
We meet regularly to discuss our campaign, and your participation would be very welcome. And you don’t need to reside in the Calgary Centre riding to get involved!
Please provide your contact information and let us know what aspects of our campaign you are interested in being a part of. Descriptions below. And again, all of your information will fall under our privacy and confidentiality policy.
Remember, we are going to keep this fun, engaging and true to our brand.
Please bear with us if we don’t get back to you right away. We are all volunteers too!
Please send questions to 1CalgaryCentre@gmail.com.
Volunteer Role Descriptions
- Content Generators/Curators: We need persons who can write and post content on campaigns and candidates – even if referencing other sources. This content needs to be posted on a Facebook page, website, Twitter and maybe a video response/update. These persons, along with moderators, are responsible for answering e-mails.
- Online Moderators: Moderate discussions on Facebook, Twitter and discussion boards. Also responsible for ensuring that the dialogue remains squarely focused on our goal of selecting one candidate.
- Web/Database Manager: This team will manage and maintain our website, but will also build and maintain the contact database. Also posting links to important resources and Storify content as the campaign evolves.
- Video Production: We need to develop a series of videos and hopefully have live interviews with candidates. Preferably need some folks with video equipment; editing and post-production skills and live broadcast on Ustream experience would be an asset.
- PR/Media: Press release writing and media engagement.
- Community/Volunteer Engagement: We are running a campaign that is about selecting a preferred candidate, parallel to all other campaigns. So we need to engage the riding’s voters to join the movement to ensure that a progressive candidate has the opportunity to win. This is the on-the-ground team that will work to raise awareness about 1CalgaryCentre. After the “selection election,” this crew would take on responsibility of mobilizing our volunteer corps over to the selected candidate. Be prepared to get to know the geography of Calgary Centre really well!
- Crowdsourcing Committee: A team responsible for keeping the crowd growing, mobilized and engaged. This includes connecting with the “unwired.”’ Creative ideas… this team is going to working with them!
- Online Voting Engine: We need to determine, and have a dialogue about, what is the best way to do this and ensure the integrity of the process. Policy geeks c’mon down!
- Fundraising/Services Support: The shameless, hit-’em-up folks. Think buttons, tee-shirts and flyers. Maybe we can buy some Facebook advertising? Get ourselves a billboard? Yeah, we need folks to ask businesses to donate some services. An initiative like this requires a little financial fuel.